Treating everything from a knocked-out tooth to advanced reconstruction of cleft palate defects, Dr. Matt Dillard and Dr. Donald Phillips are excellent oral maxillofacial surgeons. In Charleston, SC, our advanced treatment center--Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery of the Lowcountry--handles the most complex of procedures. We restore function, personal appearance, and best of all, patient comfort and confidence.
What is an oral maxillofacial surgeon?
This kind of dentist has advanced training in reconstructive and implant dentistry. Dr. Dillard and Dr. Phillips also use a wide range of anesthesia and imaging techniques in their Charleston, SC, practice.
Their services involve remaking both acquired and congenital defects of the face, teeth, jaw, neck, and more. Their patients range in age from infants to senior adults and everything in between.
In fact, Dr. Dillard is well-respected for his innovations in cleft palate repair. He pioneered techniques in using the patient's own deformed and misplaced oral tissues to produce functional and attractive results.
Other services we provide
Your oral maxillofacial surgeons in Charleston, SC, deliver the following:
- Simple and surgical dental extractions (including wisdom teeth, loose and/or decayed teeth, and preparation for orthodontic correction)
- Bone grafting to prepare a site for dental implant placement or revision of jaw bone damaged by gum disease or other circumstance
- Dental implant placement
- Oral tumor removal and biopsy
- Reconstruction of facial features after a traumatic injury or oral cancer surgery
- Jaw surgery for TMJ (temporomandibular joint dysfunction)
- Emergency procedures for oral lacerations, fractured or avulsed teeth, and dental abscess
- Root canal therapy
- Tissue revision for sleep apnea
As you can see from this list, our professional team at Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery of the Lowcountry handles a wide variety of oral health issues. We treat each patient as a person and not just a set of X-rays and diagnostic findings. We also deliver excellent patient outcomes.
We are privileged to help
At Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery of the Lowcountry, your oral health, personal appearance, and overall sense of well-being are our primary concern. If you have a complex dental, facial, or jaw joint problem, contact Dr. Dillard or Dr. Phillips. Phone for a consultation in our Charleston, SC, office: (843) 410-5766. For our Waterboro location, call (843) 782-6725.